Kiwanis - a worldwide service club...
Serving Stratford since 1948...
The Kiwanis Club of Stratford, founded in 1948, is a volunteer-based organization that has projects which give back to the people of the City of Stratford.
Founded in 1915, Kiwanis International is a global organization of clubs and members dedicated to serving the children of the world.
Passport to Savings booklets are on sale during November & December. Passport sales benefit local agencies and Kiwanis Club activities.
Kiwanis Meeting Information
The Kiwanis Club of Stratford meets Monday nights at 6:15 p.m. in the Burnside AgriPlex, 357 McCarthy Road (behind the Arena Complex) in the Ritsma Room on the second Floor. There is an elevator. Dinner begins at 6:15 p.m. There are interesting speakers weekly following dinner.
Kiwanis is not just dinners and meetings. Kiwanis is about friendships that develop while doing service and volunteer projects that give back to the Stratford and Perth. We are always interested in having new club members who want to give back to their community. Call Gerald Cook 519-272-2494 if you'd like to attend one of our Monday dinner meetings.
- Stratford Kiwanis Garlic Festival (each September)
- The Kiwanis Festival of the Performing Arts (each April)_
- The Kiwanis-CJCS Christmas Basket Fund (All year)
- Kiwanis Summer Concerts in the Park (Sunday evenings July & August)
- The Aktion Club of Stratford (all year)
- K-Kids (Grades 4-6) at Romeo Public School (September to June)
- Passport to Savings booklets. (On sale November & December) Passport sales benefit local agencies and Kiwanis Club activities.
- Funding for post-secondary scholarships through Stratford secondary school guidence offices. The KIWANIS CLUB OF STRATFORD SERVICE AWARD FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS is an award for a student who demonstrates the traits as listed in the Criteria and meets the criteria listed under Eligibility. The amount of the bursary varies yearly but will be a minimum of $500 (Five hundred dollars). The KIWANIS CLUB OF STRATFORD SERVICE AWARD FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS is a one-time award to the winning recipients.
- Support of The Local Community Food Centre classes for children.
The Stratford General Hospital, Children's Hospital of Southwestern Ontario, and Huron-Perth Centre for Children and Youth are just some of the agencies supported financially by the Stratford Kiwanis Club in recent years.
Stratford Kiwanis Club and Simple Dreams activities are supported in part through the sale of Passport to Savings booklets offering two-for-one and other discounts from over 200 area merchants. Cost of these popular booklets can be recovered even when used only a few times.
The Stratford Garlic Festival
We are proud to host the annual Stratford Kiwanis Garlic Festival taking place the second weekend in September at the Rotary Complex, 353 McCarthy Road, Stratford.
The 2019 Kiwanis Garlic Festival was the best yet, featuring: Ontario garlic and cheese; Stratford's outstanding chefs; cooking demonstrations; garlic growing and health related presentations and children’s events. Every year there are exhibitors onsite for browsing and shopping. Visit Stratford Kiwanis Garlic Festival for complete details. We hope that you'll attend our 2020 event.
The Stratford Kiwanis Festival of the Performing Arts -- longest running festival in Ontario
Close to 1,000 entries were received in some 470 classes for the 93rd annual Kiwanis Festival of the Performing Arts held in April 2019. Winners take home trophies and cash prizes. All entrants receive the opportunity to perform before an audience; and to receive feedback from a professional adjudicator. Top performers appear in a Stars of the Festival Concert at Avondale United Church in Stratford on the first Monday night in May.
About Kiwanis International
Kiwanis International is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world, one child and one community at a time. Some 16,000 service clubs in 96 countries totalling more than 600,000 members are committed to: "Serving the Children of the World." Kiwanis has engaged in campaigns to eliminate iodine deficiency, and eradicate neonatal tetanus, on a global scale.